Tabs

dot dot dot

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mocktail Monday on a Tuesday: Holiday Punch

I started writing this post last night, but then my computer died and I was super sleepy and didn't feel like plugging it in, so I went to bed instead. I'm sure you understand.  Anyway, Christmas is here, which for me this year means parties, parties, parties! Sometimes it's not feasible to bring a homemade mocktail to the festivities, but if it's in someone's home it's definitely doable. My go-to Christmas punch is so good even the drinkers will want some.

I made this Sunday night to watch my church's Christmas Devotional. I started making it earlier in the day and I was so excited for my first taste of Christmas punch of the season. On another note, the Christmas Devotional broadcast is one of my most favorite things of the season. If you have an hour to spare, you can watch it here. It is WORTH IT.


I found this recipe several years ago on All Recipes here and I'm obsessed with it. The almond extract is key, but I use less of it than the original recipe calls for.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup white sugar
1 quart cranberry cocktail
2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
2 tablespoons almond extract
One 2-liter bottle ginger ale

Instructions:
1. Combine sugar, cranberry cocktail, pineapple juice, and almond extract.
2. Refrigerate for up to one day so flavors can combine and sugar can fully dissolve.
3. Add ginger ale when you're ready to serve. I also like to freeze some of the sugar/juice/extract mixture into ice cubes to keep the punch cold and not water it down.



I am a big fan of  drink dispensers (like the one above) as opposed to punch bowls, and this looks especially pretty in the dispenser. Sure, I get that some punches have fruit in them that can clog a spout on a dispenser, but my dislike of punch bowls was confirmed this weekend at a party when the ladle disappeared into the punch bowl and we had to fish it out. I am so NOT a germ phobe but it was seriously gross.

Merry Christmas!

For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the sick, raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases. And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary. And lo, he cometh unto his own, that salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name; and even after all this they shall consider him a man, and say that he hath a devil, and shall scourge him, and shall crucify him. And he shall rise the third day from the dead; and behold, he standeth to judge the world; and behold, all these things are done that a righteous judgment might come upon the children of men.
--Mosiah 3:5, 8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment