Tabs

dot dot dot

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 Christmas Card Preview

I love love love love love Christmas cards. A lot. I love sending them and receiving them. My goal every year is to get them out by December 1, but that didn't happen this year. Now that our Christmas cards are (mostly) out, here's a sneak peek at the good stuff!

Our pictures were taken in October as part of our larger family pictures with Todd's family in San Antonio. The cards are from Wal-Mart. That's right, I can't actually bring myself to spring for the nicer, prettier cardstock cards. I so want to every year, and then every year I just can't bite the bullet and spend the money. But I LOVE receiving them!





2013 in Review
ê  Todd was promoted to major in July! He has become quite the smoker (meats that is), is active with the scouts at church, and continues to compete in various triathlons and races across the country.
ê  Jennifer has a new job as a professional volunteer. The pay is terrible but she enjoys meeting new people around town and on base. She is active with the Altus Spouses Club, the squadron spouses club, and teaches the 8-11 year old girls at church on Sunday mornings and on Wednesday nights.
ê  Scarlett is 18 months old but insists she is 2. She is obsessed with accessories of all kinds, is a daredevil and has no fear, says the darndest things, and loves fruit with every fiber of her being.
ê  Clarity the cat is the same but thinner thanks to some diet food she hates. She has grown to tolerate Scarlett, while Scarlett is convinced they are best friends.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgzNIBHii4N7CYpEZBu7TtHHRzuht9q4PUxeIMAVqDvRxU3QxJdxRs3sHKUmm9q2x85rj6-mebvP98CscNCS3uezXr1nE3WZBp4u7IHrSnCs_stjIKVRpKODoKMVnXXhsqBiOVxROQEEaGS/s1600/christmascardbutton'13.png

I'm linking up with Faith for her sixth annual Christmas Card Carousel! Check it out here!

5 comments:

  1. I love how colorful the lights are against the black. What a great card! Stopping by from Faith's link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your Christmas card. Found your blog thru the card link-up.

    Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card, I love your outfits and the pop of yellow! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card!!! :) Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that it's post-Christmas I have time to catch up on this carousel :)

    I love your highlights. I am claiming "professional volunteer" as my new title! I hope that's okay :)

    I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete