Tabs

dot dot dot

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Love to See the Temple, I Mean Target



When we first moved here, I was greeted in pretty much the same way by several people.

"Welcome to Altus, Target is opening in Lawton on July 29."

This is the biggest thing to happen to Altus in I don't know how long -- a Target opening 45 minutes away. Tonight was our inaugural voyage to the mecca. It was so bright and shiny and new inside.


Dinner fare at the Target "cafe." This was pretty much what they had left -- popcorn and ONE hot dog. Scarlett giggled through her entire dinner. I'm pretty sure she knew she was in a sacred place.


I let her ride in the big part of the cart. It was easier than fighting her and telling her to sit down. She then emptied the entire contents of my bag inside the cart, but at that point I didn't even care.


Exception #1 to my popcorn rule: I will share my popcorn with you if it keeps you from screaming in the cart so I can shop in peace.



I'm pretty proud that she loves it. Notice the pink beads -- she insisted on wearing them the entire day and sleeping with them during naptime. She's the best.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you share your popcorn with Scarlett. She has gotten so big, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete