Tabs

dot dot dot

Monday, November 4, 2013

Mocktail Monday: Frozen Margaritas

I know, I know, where have the Mocktail Mondays been for the last month? Let me just say, October was the craziest month full of travels, event planning, and Halloween, and I.Am.Exhausted. 

So cheers to a new month! 

This week's cocktail is a virgin frozen margarita. I know, it's not very fall-ish. But I've got margaritas on the brain after a fun family vacay to San Antonio recently. We enjoyed some delicious margaritas at some amazing Mexican restaurants, so this week is a tribute to a great trip. 

I prefer frozen, Todd prefers on the rocks.


I've been known to just blend up a frozen margarita concentrate can with some ice to create my frozen margaritas in the past, but this time around I decided to actually search for a recipe and see what I could find. 

I found one that looked good from CDKitchen:



Ingredients:

2 tablespoons kosher salt
1/2 lime, cut into wedges
1 lime, juiced
1 can (6 ounce size) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
(I used half a 12 ounce size can)
1/4 cup orange juice
4 cups ice cubes



First you need to salt the rim of your glass. The recipe calls for juicing one lime in a saucer, and then dipping your rim in the saucer to get it wet for the salt. I think that's a waste of a dish. I cut a wedge of lime and then wipe it around the rim, and then dip my rim in the saucer of salt.

Next combine the orange juice, limeade, and ice in a blender and, well, blend. 
When ice is crushed to an even consistency, pour in your salted glass and finish with a wedge of lime.


YUM!

1 comment: