Tabs

dot dot dot

Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Best Friends Are Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Ross, and Chandler

File:Friends titles.jpg

This last week I've seen a couple blog posts on the interwebs devoted to the Love of Friends (here and here).

Friends is my all-time favorite. It got me through high school, college, and law school. It was the one constant in my life through moves and graduations and various life transitions. The Friends series finale was two days before I graduated from law school. The end of Friends and the end of my school career happened all at the same time and it was way too much change for my emotional well-being to handle.

I have seen each episode approximately 2,148 times. I'm a lawyer, not a mathematician, so maybe my calculations are off on that. Either way, I've seen them all a lot. So I present to you the four reasons why I am the seventh Friend:

Jennifer Doesn't Share Food

Yes, I don't share popcorn. But I also really don't like sharing other food either. I'm fine to share an appetizer, because that is the social convention. However, sharing my meal is a whole other story. I dread the day that Scarlett demands to eat off my plate. I really hate sharing food.



Quitting the Gym is the Worst

In a former life (5 years ago), I had another blog. I wrote a whole post detailing my anxiety about quitting the gym and how impossible it was. It was pretty funny, so it's unfortunate it's gone for eternity. But the whole experience went something like this:



Nestle Tollhouse Makes the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've seen numerous pins about the various ways to get your chocolate chip cookies to rise beautifully, be light and fluffy, and whatever else. I don't care about any of that. I don't want a fluffy, overly flour-y chocolate chip cookie. I want the Nestle Tollhouse version (except with 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of Crisco). I don't care what anyone says -- that recipe is the best chocolate chip recipe on the planet.


I Hate Getting Ready

One reason I like not having a job that I go to every day is because I absolutely hate getting ready. Maybe it's because I'm lazy. Maybe it's because my hair is neither straight nor curly, just this in between wavy that is impossible to tame. I will do anything to avoid getting ready -- watch some tv, read some blogs, play with the cat. I would probably even resort to stealing somebody's chair essence.


And there you have it -- the four reasons why I am the seventh Friend. They're probably sad they couldn't cast me. They didn't know what they were missing.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, for real, I freaking LOVE that gym episode. It's so funny! I feel like that sometimes about quitting things. Like, get off me, people! I'm saying no! haha. Love it.

    ReplyDelete