Tabs

dot dot dot

Friday, September 13, 2013

5 on Friday

--ONE--

One afternoon I was putting Scarlett's leftovers away when I noticed this:


I swear the matching is not on purpose. What is wrong with my subconscious?

--TWO--

This was Todd's fortune when we went to get Chinese for dinner the other night. How is this a "fortune"?


--THREE--

We went to the Jackson County Fair last weekend. Scarlett petted a cute pony, we saw some rabbits, walked around some booths, and left. The whole adventure took around 20 minutes.




--FOUR--
September 11 was this week. Am I the only one who actually enjoys the September 11th coverage in the days leading up to the anniversary? I think so, because this was the first year I noticed there wasn't as much on TV as in years past.

My September 11th story -- I was in my first year of law school and ran into a friend as I walked out of my Constitutional Law class. She told me there were planes "dive-bombing" the World Trade Center and nobody knew who it was. I went to the computer lab to get on the internet to see what was going on, and then I just decided to go home because I had a long break. After the towers collapsed another friend from school who was also my neighbor stopped by my house to tell me classes were cancelled for the rest of the day. My roommate and I just sat at home and watched tv all day and all night. 

Law schools typically use the Socratic Method as a form of teaching, which means instead of a lecture, you get called on directly to answer a barrage of questions. My Constitutional Law professor gave us three free passes to use at any time in the semester -- you signed a piece of paper as you came in saying you didn't want to be called on that day. The morning of September 12 almost the entire room got up to sign the paper because nobody had done their reading. Of course, my professor knew this would happen and he postponed our lesson for the day. We basically had a discussion on war powers and what could/would happen next. I don't remember any of it and I'm pretty sure I took crappy notes.

When I say almost everybody got up to sign the paper -- I was not one of them. I spent the entire class period on September 10 at the podium answering questions, so I was hedging my bets that because it was the beginning of the semester, there were still lots of people to call on and he wouldn't call on me again until he got through them. Hey, I wasn't going to waste a perfectly good free pass if I didn't need to. #lawstudentproblems

--FIVE--

My birthday is on Sunday! Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment