Tabs

dot dot dot

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Where is Altus Air Force Base?

Photo Credit: kswo.com

Have I mentioned we're stationed at Altus Air Force Base in Altus, OK? Oh, you've never heard of Altus? It's okay, most people haven't.

To be honest, it's not an assignment that most people seek. When people do want to come here, it's so they can be home more and have a more stable family life. We came here for a number of reasons, but first and foremost, it just felt like it was where we were supposed to be.

Most of our Air Force friends will say they hate living in Oklahoma because they equate Altus with the rest of the state. Oklahoma doesn't suck, people!

Now, it's true. There's not much to do in Altus itself. We have a sweet base pool that's open in the summer, some cute downtown shops, and I think there's a story hour at the library. We also have dead grass, dilapidated buildings, and the worst drought I've ever seen in my life.

So I'm on a mission. A mission to find something to do with my day and keep my very busy and super social one-year-old entertained.

I'm getting creative and exploring all the nooks and crannies of the state and featuring our discoveries here. Will they be awesome or a disappointment? Let our Finding Fun Tour commence!



No comments:

Post a Comment