Tabs

dot dot dot

Friday, July 19, 2013

5 on Friday


Today I'm joining the 5 on Friday link-up. Just some random thoughts from the last week. Enjoy!

--ONE--


I have always LOVED McDonald's Monopoly. I'm convinced I am going to win. Maybe not this year, and maybe not next year, but someday it will be me. But this year McDonald's did the unthinkable. They MOVED Monopoly to the summer! Whaaaaa???? I have no desire to eat gluttonous amounts of McDonald's in the middle of the summer. I am most definitely not lovin' it.

--TWO--
My parents gave us a spare king-sized bed a couple months ago. I've been searching the interwebs high and low for the perfect bedding. There were a number of things to consider, but I mostly wanted something that wasn't too trendy and that I wouldn't get sick of in a year. I was thinking some kind of neutral bedspread with lots of bright pillows. I was super excited when I found this one on the Dillard's website. It was described as having navy piping, and I was all for it, thinking I could do navy, green, and yellow in the room. I got the bedspread this week and it's brown piping! Something so small changes so much. This is why I hate shopping on the internet.

--THREE--
Even though I hate internet shopping, I don't have much choice. Have I mentioned there's not much to do in Altus, OK? That means there's not a lot of places to shop either. I've formed an unhealthy addiction to Amazon Prime, Zulilly, and Etsy. Paypal may be the death of me.

--FOUR--



Pretty much every day I wake up and think to myself "how am I going to entertain Scarlett today?" Our house isn't very big and she gets a little bored inside. That's how we ended up at McDonald's for lunch last Saturday (too bad it was before Monopoly began). I decided there was nothing else to do so I might as well treat her to her first Happy Meal. She ate her apples, a couple french fries, and licked a chicken nugget.. Then she was completely bored by the "baby area" of the Playland and tried to chase the big kids.

--FIVE--
Scarlett starts Mom's Day Out in August, and I am feeling excited and anxious all at the same time. It hit me today that it was coming soon when I called to make a dental appointment. I always feel so overwhelmed when I'm scheduling appointments because I'm trying to consider nap times and when I could find somebody to watch Scarlett all at the same time. But this time I had a day and time reserved for such occasions! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment