Tabs

dot dot dot

Friday, May 31, 2013

An Evening In Tornado Alley

Who read this book as a kid? It's a standard part of elementary curriculum in Oklahoma. 

Tonight we packed our bags to head out of town for the weekend. We weren't going far--just a couple hours north, and it was just for two days. An hour and a half into our drive we were stopped short. There were bad storms and tornadoes and crazy flash flooding in the direction we were headed, and the highway patrol was telling everyone to stay off the roads. We were only an hour from our destination and we started calling hotels. Nothing was available.  Anywhere. So we turned around and came home. At 11:30 at night, after 3.5 hours in the car, we pulled into the driveway, feeling defeated. 

And then, we discovered the worst part of the night. My favorite Vera duffel, containing my favorite clothes and makeup and toiletry kit, was missing. SOMEBODY (not me) left the tailgate down and it flew out of the bed of the truck. The worst part? Nowhere in this town can I go to replace my fave Target flip flops or my Clinique makeup. (Maybe the most tragic part of this story is that the closest Target is 70 miles away.)

So that was my night. How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That is terrible, especially at the end if a long night.

    -AW

    ReplyDelete